An older blade with its problems but a great display piece. This katana is waiting for a new owner, it appears to be an older Koto blade with a bit to be desired. The blade has seen its share of use on the battle field for hundreds of years and up to WWII. It is in a rare version of military mounts with civilian tsuba and leather wrapped tsuka. This item has a lot of military crasher to it.
The cutting edge is 26.5 and the tang appears to be ubu with 2 holes. The sword is unsigned and ready for a new home!
The mounts are military. There is a wooden surrender tag with much Kanji on either side waiting to be deciphered, an extra treat!
- Mei: Mumei
- Date: Edo (1500’s-1600’s)
- Nagasa: 26-3/8 inches
- Sori: 6.0 mm
- Width at the ha-machi: 29.5 mm
- Width at the yokote: 18.0 mm
- Thickness at the mune-machi: 6.3 mm
- Construction: Shinogi zukuri
- Mune: Iori
- Nakago: Ubu
- Kitae: possibly Itame
- Hamon: appears Midare Gunome
- Boshi: Maru
- Condition: used condition and very difficult to see the work in the blade.
Asking price: $1,200.00