Hiromasa Gendaito (fss-814)
This is a very nice example of a sword made by a Rikugun Jumei Tosho swordsmith. A very nice choji/midare hamon with itame and some masame. The blade is mounted in shirasaya. A copper habaki and NBTHK papers attesting to the validity and quality of this blade.
- Mei: Yoshū Hōjō-jū Hiromasa saku (Made by Hiromasa, resident of Hōjō in [former] Iyo province)
- Date: Shōwa jūhachinen nigatsu hi (on a day in Februaru of 1943)
- Nagasa: 25-3/8″ inches
- Sori: 15.0 mm
- Width at the ha-machi: 30.0 mm
- Width at the yokote: 20.2 mm
- Thickness at the mune-machi: 6.2 mm
- Construction: Shinogi zukuri
- Mune: Iori
- Nakago: Ubu
- Kitae: Itame/mokume
- Hamon: Midare Gunome
- Boshi: Maru
- Condition: Good polish
Asking price: $4,800.00
(shipping and insurance included)
Click to Enlarge Image
KANTEI-SHO (鑑定書) – APPRAISAL
katana, mei :
Yoshū Hōjō-jū Hiromasa saku ‒ Shōwa jūhachinen nigatsu hi (豫州北条住博正作・昭和十八年二月日) ‒ “Made by Hiromasa, resident of Hōjō in [former] Iyo province, on a day in Februaru of 1943
nagasa ~ 64.5 cm
According to the result of the shinsa committee of our society, we judge this work as authentic and rank it as Hozon Tōken.
June 2, 1997
[Foundation] Nihon Bijutsu Tōken Hozon Kyōkai, NBTHK (日本美術刀劍保存協會)
Subscribe for the Latest Updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest News & Updates from Nihonto Antiques.
You have Successfully Subscribed!
harry samkange…wants 4k…no way